I will dispense from the typical family blog intro of apologizing for not posting in a while and instead just tell you to deal with it.
I am excited to say that Jenn and I received an iPad for Christmas this year as a group gift from my parents, her parents and my brother and his wife. It is awesome and I am updating our blog from the iPad!
Oh, why the Bruins logo as the picture for this entry? Two reasons… One, 2011 culminated the crowning of Boston as The Powerhouse Sports City of all time! Since the Bruins are the current champions, it is only fitting to use their logo. Secondly, I got a new image editing app on the iPad and made the graphic from a picture of a tee shirt I took in Target. Pretty cool!
Since last I posted, obviously a lot has happened. Let me fill you in on the highs and lows of the last three years…
- 2009 started great, but by the end of the summer I would be laid off by Juniper Networks (little did I know it would be almost two years to the day before I would work again…
- I decided to try out the whole, “stay at home dad thing” for a while.
- 2010 came and went without a journey to Europa.
- The Winter Olympics were great, even though USA Hockey only won silver.
- I got the Swine Flu (H1N1) and was down for weeks!
- Jenn moved down to teach 1st grade and loved it!
- The SJ Sharks continue to break hearts by floundering in the playoffs.
- Casey earned the Arroe of Light and bridged from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts.
- Casey went away for a week (at different times) to 5th grade Science Camp and Boy Scout Camp.
- Quinn became a Webelos Scout.
- Casey played on the Red Sox in our local little league.
- Quinn played for the Cubs which I managed and uncle Chris was an assistant coach.
- Jenn got a Kindle (and uses it every day).
- Jenn became a successful blogger and is a minor celebrity in her blogging world. Check out Finally in First
- Jenn and I start a blog design business. Visit us at Dream Team Designs
- I earned my Wood Badge beads!
- I received the District Award of Merit!
- I started a new blog and podcast along with Joey Hoover (on of the classic Internet sensations off decade…
- I let my new blog and podcast languish. A victim of the folly of big dreams. Maybe one day Where Icarus Flies will live again…
- I turned 40.
Jenn turned 40 too, but I am not allowed to publish that.
- I got a new job working for the Boy Scouts of America!
The above list is by no means a full and comprehensive list. We also had lots of fun with friends, family and innocent bystanders along with some heartbreak and tears thrown into the mix to balance things out. Life has a way of doing that.
Things are looking up for the Bates clan. I look forward to 2012. Quinn is starting basketball on Monday and little league tryouts are in a couple of weeks.
As a wise man once said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
BillPosted by Bill on December 29th, 2011 at 6:38 pm